Located at Verona Street and Bell Avenue, This school was erected in 1909-1910. It was established, however, in 1890 as a township high school at a time when there were few high schools in Pennsylvania. The class of 1894 was the first to graduate from the school and it consisted of six students.
This info came from the North Braddock 1897-1997 Centennial book.
ALEXANDER M. SCOTT HIGH SCHOOL
In 1972, North Braddock School District merged with the neighboring school Dristicts of Braddock and Rankin to become General Braddock School District.
In 1981, the General Braddock School District merged with Braddock Hills, Chalfant, Churchill, East Pittsburgh, Edgewood, Forest Hills, Swissvale, Turtle Creek, and Wilkins Township to become Woodland Hills School District.
Since the new school district no longer needed the Scott High building, the North Braddock Little League purchased the property. Sad to say Scott High School was razed in July of 1995.
Does anyone have a picture of Benjamin Fairless School?